The early numbers are in, and most signs point to another strong year as we all prepare for the busy season ahead. The Travel Alberta Industry Update provides a snapshot of the industry, the markets and the strategy driving Travel Alberta each year. If you don’t have ti
- Early estimates show a 7 per cent growth year over year in international arrivals, a key indicator in the health of the global tourism industry.
- Canadian tourism sector grew by more than 6 per cent in 2017 to over $41 billion in GDP
- Tourism contributes to an estimated 735,000 jobs across the country
- International tourism revenue grew by over 6 per cent
- Canada welcomed a record 20.8 million international travellers in 2017, up 4 per cent from 2016
- Alberta’s visitor economy grew to $8.5 billion in 2016, an increase of 4.7 per cent from the previous year
- The U.S., Alberta’s largest market, shows above average growth for Alberta
- Alberta direct overnight arrivals from China increased nearly 65 per cent in Alberta
- Mexico was a new market for Alberta in 2017, up 47 per cent
- 74 per cent of Travel Alberta’s operating budget is directed at industry and marketing support
2018 Tourism Industry Update – Webinar Recording
2018 Tourism Industry Update – Presentation
Thank you to all of Travel Alberta’s partners for their constant support. You make a difference each and every day to deliver those goosebump moments.
You can read more of the news on source