Canada is competing to be a top destination in the global tourism sector and one year ago, Canada’s New Tourism Vision was unveiled by the federal government to support this growth.
The vision set out concrete targets for growth:
- Canada will compete to be one of the top ten most visited countries in the world by 2025.
- The number of international overnight visits to Canada will increase by 30 per cent by 2021.
- The number of tourists from China will double, by 2021.
The plan recognizes that tourism is a major driver of Canada’s economy and is focused on taking action under three pillars:
- Marketing – Key to attracting tourists to Canada.
- Access – Making Canada easier to access by international travellers.
- Product – Building on Canada’s incredible product offerings.
To learn more about the plan, or about the progress that has been made in the first year, visit the Government of Canada’s website.
You can read more of the news on source