Slow Food Canada – Food Heroes
We are pleased to inform you that the nomination process of the fourth edition of the Canadian Food Heroes is now open. The Food Heroes recognition wishes to emphasize the extraordinary contribution of individuals who embody, through their actions, the intrinsic values of Slow Food in the country.
The recognition is attributed in five regions of the country:
- Maritimes (Newfoundland & Labrador, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island)
- Prairies (Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta)
- British Columbia
Convivia leaders within each region connect to agree upon, select and submit one hero per region, which means that you are to consult your regional colleagues to select together one food hero within your territory (one of the 5 listed above).
The nomination process will be open until March 18.
Is there someone you think of as a local food hero? Someone whom you’d like to nominate who meets the criteria for the Slow Food in Canada award as described below? If so, send your nomination [email protected] by March 18, 2016.
Canadian Food Heroes
Candidates are those who exemplify high standards and active participation in any of the following areas:
- In their social, environmental, academic or creative practices
- Food sourcing
- Food writing of historical, regional or ethical consequence
- Research contributing to positive changes in the food system
- Food production
- Food harvesting
- Ingenuity and entrepreneurial activity promoting a healthier food system
- Socio-political commitment to promoting a sustainable food system
- Volunteer contributions to the food history or food ways of a region
- Excellence in corporate commitment to sustainable foods or enacting corporate policy changes
- Commitment within government to enact socially forward policy changes
The nomination should include the following:
- Name of the nominee
- Name of the nominator
- Mention that the person/group is aware of the nomination
- A description of the positive impacts the nominee has on the food system, food history, and/or the community or region?
- A background of how the nominee got involved in their current activities to become a hero in your view
- Please include some photos or a video to accompany your nomination
You can read more of the news on source