MrGamez has researched the top destinations in the world for vacations and ranked them based on 12 individual metrics such as a number of theatres, museums, and casinos and Prague emerged as the best city, while the Netherlands has been listed as the top country for fun and entertainment.
What Makes a Destination Fun
The research looked at various factors, including a number of museums, sports stadiums, festivals per year and national attractions. The company researched how many of each of these ‘fun factors’ each destination had to offer. To make the comparison fair across destinations of vastly different sizes, the overall amount was adjusted to a ‘per square km’ figure before the final ranking was calculated.`
With the most entertaining experiences, these top five countries represent the best places around the world for an exciting and enjoyable trip:
- The Netherlands– While also the number one for culture, the Netherlands boasts a huge array of museums and concert halls.
- Cyprus– With 188 national attractions, 31 casinos and 32 museums, Cyprus was not overlooked in terms of its flow of culture and entertainment.
- Belgium– Despite its small size, Belgium ranks third with 295 national attractions, 50 museums and 45 amusement, animal and water parks.
- United Kingdom– From concert halls and art galleries to Michelin Star restaurants and UNESCO World Heritage Sites, there’s a lot of culture to explore across the UK.
- Germany– With the second highest number of Amusement, Animal and Water Parks, Germany has plenty of fun to throw yourself into.
Escape to Prague
With 72 escape rooms – more than any other city – Prague has truly embraced the escape craze. While cities such as London and New York can boast the highest amounts of many other attractions, Prague packs a huge amount into a small space, meaning you’re never far from some entertainment in The City of a Hundred Spires.
The destinations in the study have been identified as the top locations that people travel to. The number of amenities was then calculated based on how many there were per square km of the destination. The destination was allocated a score between 0 to 10 based on its comparison to the other destinations. Then the company calculated an overall score to rank the destinations.
You can read more of the news on source