Why are you implementing these changes?
These changes are being made proactively to ensure Travel Alberta follows web security best practices and to maximize security efforts as it relates to our partner’s content.
Weak passwords, including passwords that are simple or shorter in length, can leave your information vulnerable.
Who will this affect?
The password policy changes will affect ATIS users who need to reset their current password, or who are signing up for a new ATIS account.
For the time being, you will not be required to update your password unless you need to reset your password.
New Password requirements
New passwords must meet the following rules:
• At least 1 uppercase character (A-Z)
• At least 1 lowercase character (a-z)
• At least 1 number (0-9)
• At least 1 special character (punctuation) — do not forget to treat space as special characters too
• At least 8 characters
• At most 32 characters
• Not more than 2 identical characters in a row (e.g., 111 not allowed)
How else can I protect my information?
• Change your password at least once per year
• Longer passwords or password phrases are the most secure
• Don’t share your password with anyone, and never share passwords over email
• Do not use passwords that are personal, or are easy to figure out (such as Password!1) or any derivative of the word password.
You can read more of the news on source